Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week 9 thing 20 YouTube

YouTube is really a fun site to see unusual videos. My son had already sent me there to see a few amusing and appalling videos that he had enjoyed. Off and on I have tried it but never at work. Today I tried keywords like Omaha ( nothing I wanted to post) and then libraries. there was an interesting but tedious "Mr. Bean" library episode that I thought about adding to my blog, but thought would be too corny. Instead I decided to post something much worse: Star Trek's DJ SPOCK. Try this link ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMekJ24GNCE

What I thought was really nice is that you can apparently watch whole episodes of the original Star Trek Series. If there were more old TV shows on YouTube we could encourage our patrons to watch the shows this way rather than purchasing the DVDs which seem to wear out after 25 uses. We could still serve our patrons ( though not with Circ numbers) and save money.

So, I changed my mind, if you want to be annoyed by Mr. Bean in the Library try this link:~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyDY0hiMZy8

No comments:

New Sorensen Slideshow